Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Tomato

First off, thanks for all your kind words on my blog post yesterday. It felt good to share this huge accomplishment (for me anyway!). Running 5km (a little more than 3 miles) was a big challenge for me - I can't wait to try it again (maybe this weekend?!).

After all that running, what's better than this...
IMG_6126_modifié-1

IMG_6132_modifié-1

I think mac and cheese is my favorite dish.  What's not to love? pasta and cheese... mmmmm!!! Comfort food for sure!

IMG_6130_modifié-1

I went looking for a different mac and cheese a couple of weeks ago and found this recipe on Allrecipes.  I already made it twice and we love it! It is so simple and tasty!

IMG_6129_modifié-1

Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Tomato
1 pound macaroni
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 1/4 cups milk (used low fat milk)
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (used about 2 cups)
8 tablespoons butter, divided 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (didn't use this - added more cheese)
A few drops of hot sauce  

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Pour in pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

In large bowl, combine macaroni, soup, milk, cheese and 6 tablespoons butter. Pour into 9x13 baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

IMG_6128_modifié-1

6 comments:

Nicki said...

You had me at "baked". Mac & Cheese is a staple at this house, but the kids get picky when it comes to baked versions - this looks yummo!

annabelle said...

YAY for you on your first 5K! Thats my kind of reward :)

Samantha said...

First of all, congrats on completing your first 5k! That's a huge accomplishment, and you should definitely be proud of yourself! And the mac and cheese looks really delish. I added it to my AllRecipes box!

Yolanda said...

Yummmm...... One of my favorite comfort foods as well. I'll have to make this one.

Margaret said...

I love pasta, too. That looks delicious!

Leilani said...

Oh my goodness! That just looks like heaven on a plate!! I might just make this tomorrow.... even though I have had cheesey pasts 3 days running... oops.