Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reached a Goal

Today was a great day, even though it was real cold (-26C with the wind). I still got up this morning and went to the gym. I was tired and wanted to run but didn't think I had the energy... I said to myself, start with 5 minutes and you'll see after that... I reached one of my goals - I ran my first 5k!!! Yeah me!! And I ran it in 33 minutes (not sure if that's good - but I'm still happy with myself!). That's not bad for somebody that was not feeling great!! :)

Went to WW at lunch - I'm still struggling on that part. I'm on a plateau and I have been for the last 6 months. My body is holding on to my last 10 pounds and doesn't want to let go. Not sure if I should continue the fight or just accept the way I am. Some days I still have hope and others I just want to let go and eat more cupcakes!! :)

On another note - here's some more shots of my favorite spot in Lachine!

IMG_6062_modifié-1

IMG_6069_modifié-1

8 comments:

Bobbi said...

That first shot is so ethereal feeling, I love it. Way to go on your goal. It is so, so hard to talk myself into going to the gym sometimes.

pat said...

Kudos on the 5K!!! That is a huge accomplishment and you should give yourself major props. Love those photos--cold yet captivating.

Laura said...

Great shots - very ethereal as Bobbi said - I love the way they feel! And congrats on your first 5k! 33 minutes is a great time! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you don't really feel like you've got the energy or wellbeing to exercise and then you surprise yourself?

Margaret said...

Good for you for running the 5K! That is a great accomplishment. And I love your wintry shots! Gorgeous.

Suzy said...

Love these winter captures. Love your pp'ing on that first one. And good for you running your first 5k!!! That is awesome! How far is a 5K? I'm so proud of you!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Way to reach your goal. I don't know how you do it with all your yummy baking. That first shot it so pretty I like the way the bridges show in the background.

Yolanda said...

First of all yeah for you for reaching a goal! Remember muscle wiehgs more than fat ;) Secondly-- I love that weeping willow shot!

Nicki said...

Congratulations on reaching that goal. These shots are gorgeous - very interesting trees.