Monday, September 27, 2010

Philly Cheesesteak

This was our second time visiting Philadelphia and I decided this time that we would try the Philly Cheesesteak!!  We decided to go to the most famous places to try it out.  We had the choice between Geno's and Pat's - we went to Geno's as the line was longer (so I thought it might be a bit better?!)
It was about 12 and the place was packed!
Geno's Welcome

Freedom Fries

We decided to share one sandwich - and glad we did because they are pretty big!
Geno's Steak

Geno's Steak

My first bite - can't say that I loved the cheesesteak - it was OK. :)
First taste of Philly Cheesesteak

We still looked in front of Pat's to see the difference and saw that many people went to both places to try out both cheesesteaks!
Pat's King of Steaks

Loved this sign!
How to Order a Steak - Pat's

4 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmmm....cheesesteak! Love 'em.

Esther said...

LOL, that last one cracked me up with all the rules! :) I too love cheesesteaks......and I probably would have been one of those trying both! :P

Chell said...

How did I not know you were in my neighborhood. I would have loved to meet you in person. Geno's is my favorite also!!!

Suzy said...

Love those rules and love seeing you Celine! Those look yummy.. Not as yummy as your baking but still yummy indeed :)..