Sunday, September 26, 2010

4 ingredients - Mini Nutella Cakes

4 ingredients Nutella Cakes

4 ingredients Nutella Cakes

I love foodgawker and tastespotting - I love to browse the different blogs when I see all the beautiful photos of all that food!! I have posted a few blog posts on both sites (if you click on my badge foodgawker on my blog - you will see these posts).  If you love photos and food - you will love foodgawker!!

4 ingredients Nutella Cakes

Today is Sunday - dark and cloudy day.  Managed to go for a short walk this morning and a longer one this afternoon.  I also tried this today:
jilian
Didn't have a kettlebell - but used a 5 pound weight.  Oh my - my thighs hurt right now!!

Since I worked out - I could bake!! :)
4 ingredients Nutella Cakes

 When I saw these on  foodgawker - I clicked on the link - mini-nutella-cakes-revisited - perfect and easy recipe!!
4 ingredients Nutella Cakes

Mini Nutella Cakes
Yield: Approximately 14 mini nutella cakes (made 12 mini cakes)

Ingredients
1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 large egg
5 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (used 70% dark chocolate)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease mini cupcake/muffin pan.
2. Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
3. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
4. Bake about 10 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely.

4 ingredients Nutella Cakes

Ordered these little cupcake liners from goldaskitchen - aren't they cute for Halloween??!! :)
 4 ingredients Nutella Cakes
Can't be easier than this!!

15 comments:

Chell said...

Wow they look delicious. You are braver than I am to try Jillian Kichaels video. I really need to start working out again though!!

Nicki said...

Oh holy 'all that is good in the world' yummy! Love the cupcake liners too. You do such a good job with photographing food. While playing with my off camera flash this afternoon, I attempted some cookie pictures --- all I heard from the peanut gallery was 'what on earth are you taking pictures of in the kitchen?' --err!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those cupcake lines are super cute :) I have never tried Nutella but it sounds yummy here!

Maria said...

It's been years since I've tasted Nutella. I think I need to try it again, and this recipe seems like the perfect way to do it.

Love the cupcake liners! Great for Halloween or for a kid's Pirate Party!

Amy said...

WOW...those look YUMMY! I think I might try them this week.

Angela2932 said...

Oh, gosh, I've had such ADHD with your blog today! I keep coming back to comment on it, but then detour to the cool links you included. These links are wonderful, Celine! They're so much fun to wander through, and Nicki is right--you do a great job with your food photography.

Chocolate Shavings said...

I just made these too! They're really delicious aern't they? I added marshmallow and it as delicious too!
http://ourchocolateshavings.blogspot.com/2010/09/nutella-and-marshmallow-brownie-bites.html

Anonymous said...

Just read it, copied it, and going in to bake it - right now.

Anonymous said...

Read it, copied it, baked 'em topped with pecan half - no chocolate - took 15 minutes. Cooled and currently enjoying with a tall glass of milk - wonderful! Fastest cupcake in the world!

Laura said...

These look delicious and I love that they use require 4 simple ingredients! In my experience, recipes that include Nutella tend mask the flavor more than I'd prefer, but this just might be the recipe to satisfy my hankering for delicious Nutella baked goods!

diane said...

Hi,

I found you on foodgazing.com. What beautiful photos and what a great recipe. I've made them twice now and my boys (including my husband) LOVE them. They're the perfect size for kids. Thanks for sharing.

Diane

Abby Dodge said...

Delighted you all are enjoying my recipe from my new book Desserts 4 Today -125 desserts each one made with only 4 ingredients. Check out my site for more info on the book http://www.abbydodge.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=94

thanks, Abby

Unknown said...

Yay! found a new blog that has immediately attracted me. Nice to meet you!

snippets of thyme said...

Yay! found a new blog that has immediately attracted me. Nice to meet you!

Marla A. said...

I am currently in the process of baking these yummy looking mini cakes! I'm very excited about tasting them. My dad loves Nutella just like I do so we can't wait to taste them. they will be a great dessert to end our Chinese themed supper tonight. I'm glad you posted this simple, easy recipe and that I was able to stumble upon it.