Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My first 10km!

I started running a couple of years ago, as a challenge. Never thought I would enjoy it. Started slowly and built up to running 5 km. This year, decided to push myself a bit more, and started running more 10kms. IMG_0616 And, finally, decided to try my first organized run last Sunday... didn't think I would like it... I LOVED it!! So fun!! Was hard to finish though because I started too fast so the last 2 kms were real hard! IMG_0614 My official time: 56m42s - fastest I have ever run :) IMG_0619

Looking forward to my next official race! :)

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats on your accomplishment!

Looks like a yummy cooler you had after too!

=)


Brooke

Susan Beth said...

Congratulations on a job well done!

Kelly said...

Congratulations.

I have run 2 5k's last year and am trying to get ready for one this October. I can't even imagine doing a 10k.

Kelly
Mytimepassages.com

Nicki said...

Good for you and congratulations on reaching this accomplishment. Looking good, by the way!

Margaret said...

Way to go! You look great! I hope to do a 10K soon, also!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! I'm still hoping to run my first 5K in October (if my torn achellies tendon will heal in time).

My 365 Project said...

Yay for you!