Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mini Nutella Swirl Donut Muffins

It has been a crazy week.
IMG_3738_edited-1
I have worked every night... and I am still at the office and it's past 7 p.m. Have no idea when I will finish...
IMG_3748_edited-1
To keep me company, I have a few of these yummy little gems. I made these with Chocolate Peanut Butter (first time I ever saw this!) - a nice change from Nutella!
IMG_3735_edited-1
At least I can eat a few of these between two documents!!
IMG_3740_edited-1
They were good - but I found it a bit hard to mix the Nutella with the main mix.


Mini Nutella Swirl Donut Muffins
from kirbiecravings
makes 24 mini muffins

3/4 cup sugar (used a little less)
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup vegetable oil (used Canola)
3/4 cup fat free milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
nutella (used chocolate peanut butter)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini muffin tin with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix until combined.

3. Then mix in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.

4. Fill each mini muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter. Add a dollop of nutella to each and swirl it around a few times with a knife.

5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow muffins to cool before serving.

IMG_3745_edited-1

IMG_3746_edited-1

IMG_3750_edited-1

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh my mouth is watering! Those look so good!

joscelyne cutchens said...

mmmm. I love chocolate peanut butter. Nutella not so much.

Tracie said...

These are making my mouth water! I love chocolate and peanut butter together :)