Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Mini Muffins

I made these last week. Wish I had some left - I am sure it would help my vertigo today!
IMG_2060_edited-1
Not really feeling any better, but I managed to go outside and breathe in some fresh air this afternoon. It helped my moral!

These little muffins are dense and tasty. They are filled with peanut butter and chocolate. A perfect match!
IMG_2063_edited-1

Peanut Butter Mini Muffins
Taste of Home
(makes 4 dozen mini muffins) (I managed to make about 40)

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar (used a little less)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk (used low-fat)
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil (used canola oil)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.               

IMG_2059_edited-1

IMG_2057_edited-1

6 comments:

pat said...

Oooohhh--I wonder how these would taste with almond butter, or with Nutella?

Margaret said...

Those look so yummy! Hope your vertigo improves soon! That must not be fun at all.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Oh chocolate and peanut butter nothing could be better. They look yummy.

Nicki said...

I am so glad I currently have some cinnamon rolls in the oven, otherwise I would have to raid the Halloween candy to quench the sweet tooth these pictures set off. and how dare Pat tempt us even more with the suggestion of Nutella. oh my!

Tracie said...

PB and chocolate, two of my favorite things!! Can't wait to make these. Oh now I'm looking over at Pat suggesting Nutella?!! Sounds good, too! Glad you got outside...hoping you feel a little better each day :)

Jill said...

Yum!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry you're still suffering with the vertigo though.
:-(