Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WW Chocolate Chip Biscotti

As you know, I love baking. I do not eat many of the sweets I bake - I share with my family and friends. I have one and share the rest.
IMG_6880_modifié-1

Since I'm on WW, decided to try from time to time some sweet recipes that are low in points.
IMG_6874_modifié-1

This was my second time making biscotti... and I forgot to cut the biscotti on an angle... so they don't really look like regular biscottis!! But they were good!  They were not too dry - just perfect!
Chocolate Chip Biscotti
from WW Website
20 servings - 3 Points Plus per serving

2 spray(s) cooking spray
2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until combined; stir in chocolate chips.

Using an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until frothy, about 2 minutes. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture; stir just until moistened and dough forms.

Shape dough into a 13 X 3-inch log on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven. Reduce oven to 300°F.

Let biscotti to cool for 10 minutes. Then cut warm log crosswise, on a slight diagonal, into twenty 1/2-inch-thick slices. Stand slices, about an inch apart, on baking sheet and return to oven to cook for 12 minutes more. The centers will be soft but biscotti will crisp when cooled. Yields 1 per serving.

IMG_6873_modifié-1

IMG_6876_modifié-1

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Those look really yummy, and the recipe looks easy. But I have to say, I always love looking at your food pictures. They make my mouth water!

Nicki said...

These look much tastier than store-bought biscotti - I often find it too dry (not often - but when ever I have bought it in the past).

Leilani said...

That looks to die for!