Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Decided to try this every Tuesday – will give me something to write about – if I can find 10 things every Tuesday!!

2. I am not a Winter person. I cannot wait for Winter to be over. We usually do some snowshoeing a few times, but this year, didn’t go once – too cold, not enough snow, too windy, too early, too late, not enough time, etc.

3. I still am a member of Weight Watchers. I am on a plateau and have been on that plateau for six months. I have to make a decision if I should continue doing WW or just try on my own (which is dangerous in my case). I still have about 10 pounds to lose and they don’t want to get lost!!

4. I want to try another Zumba class. I went once a couple of months ago – and I loved it! Too bad they don’t give a class at 7 in the morning!

5. I am addicted to pinterest. I spend way too much time there!

6. Yesterday, went shopping with T. Bought two pizza pans with holes. We have been making our pizza dough for the last couple of weeks, and the pans with the holes are the best way to cook the pizza!

7. I have no energy at night lately. I know I get up early in the morning to go to the gym – but usually am a bit more awake at night. Lately, all I seem to do at night is crash in front of the tv and knit a bit.

8. I wish I could take a day off and do nothing.

9. I just finished watching the first season of Parenthood on dvd. Loved it! Can’t wait to see season 2! Love watching tv shows on dvds! Next show will probably be Mad Men or Weeds’ latest season. Got suggestions for me for good shows?

10. So glad I enrolled in mlkstudios’s photography classes. It will give me the push needed to play with my camera. I have so much to learn and what better time than now! I tried Week 1 Assignment inside and hopefully will try it again this weekend outside, if it's not too cold!

Cold Photographer!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

What a great idea, to do the 10 things! I, too, am on WW, and struggling. I'm doing it online, and realize that I really benefit from going to the meetings. It's a tough decision, whether to stick with it or not. I say stay with the program. It definitely works. Maybe you just have to change things up a bit and try to jump start yourself again. The zumba class would do that, no doubt! :)

Angela2932 said...

Nice, inspiring list! And I'm so envious of your being in an on-line photography class. I've done several classes, not the MLK, and would love to do something live, a little advanced, but just don't have good access. I'd love to hear more details about your class as you go along.

Anonymous said...

How exciting to do the MLK class! I can't wait to see what you post after learning what he has to teach :)

SKCPhotos said...

Very inspiring. May I suggest that if you give up WW how about trying myfitnesspal.com. It is a free site that allows you to track your calories and exercise. You put in how much weight you want to lose a week and it gives you the number of calories you can have a day. IF you do exercise that day you can then eat those calories back. Not everyone eats back their calories though. I do try to eat some of them back or I do not lose. I have been doing it almost a year now and am down nearly 70 pounds. I still got 30 to go. I had one plateau and got through it by eating more calories.

Nicki said...

So nice to read all these little tid-bits about you. I think you are going to rock the photography class because you already have a lot of the techniques (composition, lighting, dof) down pat. I'm with Angela - please share as you go through this class and let us know what it teaches.