Friday, November 26, 2010

WW - Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins

Not a great weigh-in this week.  I went away for a long weekend last weekend and I thought my food choices had been not too bad (except for the burger and fries on Friday night).  I still went to the gym 4 times but I guess my food intake was more than usual.  I will do better this weekend!!
IMGP4344_modifié-1

As a treat for the office, I made two treats - the cranberry lemon muffins (see yesterday's post) and these light chocolate chip banana muffins.
IMGP4343_modifié-1



Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
from Rose Reisman

3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1-1/2 medium bananas)

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (added a few on top of each muffins)
 
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat together bananas, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until well mixed. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; stir flour mixture into banana mixture.
Stir in yogurt.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Divide among prepared muffin cups.
Bake in centre of oven for 20 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean.

IMGP4345_modifié-1

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many pts?

Reds said...

I would say between 3 and 4, depending how many chocolate chips!

Jill said...

Those look like YUM! I've almost completely stopped making sweet loaf breads, because my husband and step daughter don't eat them, and my kids are at their dad's for half the weekends - the only time I can really bake. Maybe everyone would like it better if I shaped them into muffins instead of loaves!!!!!!! And don't worry, Thanksgiving is NEVER a great weigh in week. I'm just hoping things don't get TOO far out of control before the new year as far as weight goes! Gotta concentrate on that.

Cathi Green said...

My mouth is literally watering. And yesterday's post...holy smokes, delish!

Anonymous said...

I like the small muffin cups. They look like silicone? I have come to love my silicone bakeware!

Nicki said...

Love the square cups for the first ones. Maybe next week's weigh-in will balance this week's disappointment. I personally think weigh-ins during holidays should be against some law - the law of nature if nothing else.

Anonymous said...

I just made these with a couple of changes. I swapped the oil for applesauce, kept the measurement the same. And I actually forgot to add the sugar. The batter was a bit runny but I scooped it into muffin cups with my ice cream scoop and baked for twenty minutes. They turned out pretty good. I don't know what the ww points would be for the ones I made. I will definitely keep this recipe. Thanks!