Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Philadelphia - Elfreth's Alley

Elfreth's Alley is popularly known as the USA's oldest residential street – it dates back to the first days of the eighteenth century.

Today thirty-two houses, built between 1728 and 1836, line the alley. They form one of the last intact early American streetscapes in the nation.
(taken from elfrethsalley)

Love this little street - we went there real early so we were the only tourists there (us and a German guy that took a photo of Ben and me that I will share soon).
IMGP2020_modifié-1

IMGP2029_modifié-1

IMGP2009_modifié-1

IMGP2007_modifié-1

IMGP2001_modifié-1

IMGP1992_modifié-1

IMGP1989_modifié-1

6 comments:

Maria said...

How beautiful! I wonder what it's like living in a historic street like this one . . .

Suzy said...

So cool and so much history there! Love the fisheye shots!

Yolanda said...

What a neat streetscape! Love the fisheye!

Maria said...

Celine: I just saw your comment on my blog. If you are ever in Chicago, let me know and perhaps we can do a little sightseeing together . . . I would love to meet you.

Margaret said...

Oh that is so beautiful! I love those historic homes. Gorgeous shots!

Angela2932 said...

This would be so much fun to visit! Wouldn't you just love if residents let you see the inside as well?