Thursday, September 2, 2010

More Blueberry Muffins

Since Monday was my first day back at the office after three weeks off, I decided to bake a little something for my coworkers that went without sweets for three weeks!! 

As I love blueberries and they are everywhere right now, I went looking for some blueberry muffins... when I saw these - hazelbloom-blueberry-muffins - I had to make them!!

Blueberry Muffins

They came out delicious and moist. 
Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry Muffins (my changes in red)


From Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook

2 cups blueberries
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter (room temp)
1 cup sugar (used about 3/4 cup)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (used low fat)
Demerara sugar for sprinkling (optional) (used regular sugar)

Directions:

1.Heat the oven to 375 degrees. (350 for me)
2.Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with butter, or use cupcake liners.
3.In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4.Wash and pick through the blueberries, tossing any that are mushy and removing stems.
5.Take a couple tablespoons of the flour mixture and toss with the blueberries. Set aside.
6.With a stand or hand mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy - about three minutes.
7.Add the eggs one at a time, and mix well.
8.Add the vanilla.
9.Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour, just until incorporated.
10.Add the milk, just until combined.
11.Fold in the blueberries with a wooden spoon or spatula. The batter will be fairly thick.
12.Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cups. I find that's usually about 1/3 cup each.
13.If using, sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
14.Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
15.Let cool for about 10 minutes, and enjoy. But try not to drop any.

Blueberry Muffins

No comments: