It has been a while. I have been baking but not posting much on my blog. Made these cupcakes for Father's Day a couple of weekends ago.
They were amazing!!! Made my regular buttercream frosting and added some lemon zest. Mmmmmm!!
I think my dad enjoyed them because he kept the leftovers!! :)
I took the recipe from the book Butter-Baked-Goods.
Here's the recipe:
Lime Cupcakes (makes 18 cupcakes)2 cups pastry flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk (used low fat)
1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (about two limes) (used more!)
Zest of 4 limes (reserve the zest of 1 for sprinkling)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 2 limes)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sift together both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium to high speed until light and fluffly. Scrape down the sides of the bowl several times.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl several times.
5. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the milk, lime juice, two-thirds of the lime zest and vanilla to combine.
6. turn the mixer to low and add the dry ingredients in two parts (begin and end with the dry). Scrape down the sides of teh bowl several times to make sure everything is fully combined.
7. Use an ice cream scoop to fill each paper liner about three-quarters full with batter.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Meanwhile, prepare the lime syrup: in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the lime juice and sugar to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
10. Remove the cupcakes from the oven. use a wooden skewer to poke several holes in the top of each warm cupcake, then use the pastry brush to gently coat the top with syrup. Transfder to wire racks and cool completely.
11. Frost with your favorite frosting :)