I could just eat it with a spoon!
Decided to try baking some muffins with it, used a Nutella Swirl Muffin recipe and switch the Nutella for caramel. Delicious!!
Caramel Swirl Muffins
Adapted from bakerstreet.tv
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 low fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- About 1/3 cup caramel
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- Add in the vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Fill each mini muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter. Add a dollop of nutella to each muffin and swirl it around a few times with a toothpick or a knife.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack before serving