I saw these on pinterest and I knew I would love the mix of banana and Nutella!
After putting them in the oven, I panicked... thought I had forgotten the sugar... but there is none in this recipe!! The muffins are not too sweet - if you like your muffins on the sweet side, you should add a bit of sugar or frost the muffins with Nutella!
Banana Nutella Muffins from sweetpeaskitchen
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, soft, darkly speckled, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (didn't add)
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky. Fold in hazelnuts.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Place 1 teaspoon of Nutella on top of each muffin. Swirl with a toothpick. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and serve
Yields: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 24 minutes