Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sugar-Crusted Blueberry Muffins

I have no idea how many times I have baked some blueberry muffins.... IMG_4505_edited-1
and I have no idea how many recipes of blueberry muffins I have tried!! IMG_4499_edited-1
all I can say is that I love blueberry muffins!! IMG_4494_edited-1 almost as much as chocolate chips muffins!! :) IMG_4492_edited-1

Sugar-Crusted Blueberry Muffins
adapted from realsimple.com
makes 12 muffins

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar (used a little more than 1/2 cup)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup low-fat milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and combine. In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy. Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter.
  3. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.

IMG_4503_edited-1

IMG_4502_edited-1

9 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Yum!!!!!(Note to self: must not lick the screen. Must not lick the screen.Must not lick the screen.must not lick the screen. Must not lick the screen.Must not lick the screen.must not lick the screen. Must not lick the screen.Must not lick the screen.must not lick the screen. Must not lick the screen.Must not lick the screen.)

My 365 Project said...

Oh these look yummy!

Jill said...

Yum!!!! And funny Angela! :-)

Unknown said...

those look wonderful!

joscelyne cutchens said...

ooey gooey goodness. I love blueberry muffins too, and as much as I love chocolate, I think for muffins, I like blueberry better. :)

Anonymous said...

I think that one could gain 10 pounds by just viewing your blog:) Those muffins look DELICIOUS! I think I can smell them baking now.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I am so glad I did not look at these last night I would have wanted them late at night. Now I want them for breakfast. Yummy

Kelly said...

Yummy those look amazing.

Kelly
mytimepassages.com

Nicki said...

I have some left over frozen blueberries - this sounds like the ticket to finish them off.