and I have no idea how many recipes of blueberry muffins I have tried!!
all I can say is that I love blueberry muffins!! almost as much as chocolate chips muffins!! :)
Sugar-Crusted Blueberry Muffins
adapted from realsimple.com
makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (used a little more than 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and combine. In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy. Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.