Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lemon Cranberry Muffins

The weather was so-so this weekend. Couldn't really complain after the beautiful week we just enjoyed! And this coming week, the cold is coming back with some rain - but that's OK, because I can't wait to see some flowers and some leaves on the trees! IMG_4555_edited-1 I had some frozen cranberries I needed to use. And some almonds too! This was a perfect recipe to use up my stash!! IMG_4554_edited-1
I was a little lazy and didn't toast my almonds - but they were delish anyway!
IMG_4557_edited-1

Lemon Cranberry Muffins
adapted from allrecipes.com
12 muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar (used 3/4 cup)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk (used low-fat and added some fresh lemon juice to the milk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (used Canola oil)
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted (didn't toast my almonds)

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
  2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
IMG_4560_edited-1

No comments: