I love trying new recipes. Ben loves granola so when I saw these bars on pinterest - I knew I was going to make them soon! These are healthy and not too sweet.
I used dried cranberries and dried blueberries for the dried fruits. I also used slivered almonds.
Chewy Oatmeal Barsfrom marcigilbertIngredients:
- 1 3/4 C rolled oats
- ¼ C chopped walnuts (used slivered almonds)
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds
- 1/2 C dried fruits (half dried cranberries/half dried blueberries)
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ C milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In two separate bowls, mix dry ingredients, then wet ingredients. Pour wet into dry, mixing until combined.
- Pour batter into a square baking dish lined with parchment paper for easy transferring. My dish is 9 x 9.
- Bake 30 minutes. Once cool, cut into bars or squares.