Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oatmeal Muffins

IMG_1769_edited-1

IMG_1767_edited-1

Hope you all had a good weekend. I am fighting a cold but the weather was so nice, couldn't help to go for a long run yesterday. My goal was to run my first 10km, but I ran farther than I thought, and I managed to run 12 km!! Still can't believe I ran that long!!

Since I ran yesterday and today did a Body Bump class (a group class with weights), I was in the mood for a healthy muffin. Something with oatmeal.  I googled oatmeal muffins and found this recipe.

IMG_1758_edited-1

IMG_1759_edited-1

Oatmeal Muffins
epicurious

1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, beaten lightly
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup dried currants
In a large bowl, combine oats and buttermilk and let stand 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 400°F. and butter twelve 12-cup muffin tins.

Add egg, sugar and butter to oat mixture, stirring until just combined.

Into another large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and add to oat mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in currants.

Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin tins. Bake muffins in middle of oven until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

IMG_1765_edited-1

No comments: