Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blueberry muffins

What's a girl to do when she find herself with some natural greek yogurt and too many blueberries?  Well, she bakes some blueberry muffins, of course!

I tried my hand at making greek yogurt with low-fat natural yogurt... and it worked!! Forgot it in the fridge for a couple of days and it turned out perfect!

IMG_1543_edited-1

IMG_1549_edited-1

Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
canadianliving.com

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup granulated sugar (used a little more than 1/2 cup)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup plain yogurt (used low-fat greek yogurt)
1 tbsp grated orange rind
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil (used canola oil)
1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries (used about 2 cups)

Preparation:

In large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, orange rind and juice and oil; pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with blueberries; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.

Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling to top. Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven until golden and tops are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 2 minutes. Transfer to rack and let cool completely.

IMG_1541_edited-1

IMG_1538_edited-1

6 comments:

pat said...

mmmmmm---I have some fresh blueberries; I hear them calling!!

Margaret said...

Those sound delicious! I love the dish the cupcake is sitting on in the first shot!

Maria said...

We are on the same wavelength today! I also baked blueberry muffins!

Nicki said...

These look very tasty. I have gotten on a Yoplait Greek Yogurt kick - and you guessed it, blueberry.

Esther said...

I'm drooling all over my keyboard just trying to get this comment across. LOL....those looks superb!!

Suzy said...

Those look delicious! I need to try out this greek yogurt, I've never had it.