Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Last Friday, June 24th, was Quebec's National Day. The weather was awful - grey and rainy, so we didn't get to celebrate much.
IMG_9004_edited-1

2. At night, it didn't rain, so we went for a walk and saw this amazing show for a theatre festival near home. They were 6 acrobats on this big moving structure - very very impressive!
IMG_9016_edited-1

IMG_9019_edited-1

IMG_9027_edited-1

IMG_9034_edited-1

3. I have a problem. I love running shoes. I wear them to run and to train at the gym... but I have like 5 new pairs waiting to be used at home... I used a new pair to run on Sunday.
New running shoes

4. And on Sunday, I finally pushed myself a little harder and ran for the first time 7 kms in about 42 minutes. Never thought I would make it that far!! :) Maybe it's the new running shoes?

5. Saturday morning we were up early, so decided to go through my clothes and see what I needed to get rid of, as a charity organization was stopping that day to pick up whatever we didn't use. We made 7 bags of clothes and books. Feels good to give and to clean at the same time!
Clothes

6. As I was putting the bags on the front balcony, my cat came to investigate what was going on...
Pitoune

7. This is my new favorite song to run with: party-rock-anthem - it makes me run faster!!

8.  Somebody lent me Sophie Kinsella's Mini-Shopaholic. Can't wait to read it - I loved her other books!

9. Last Friday, since everything was closed for Quebec's National Day, we went on a road trip. About an hour drive to Cornwall, Ontario to do some walking around and shopping. Love road trips!!
Rain Road Trip

Cornwall

10. WW today: lost 1.2 pounds. Guess all that running has helped this week!

4 comments:

pat said...

That acrobat show looks like something that should be in the Cirque du Soleil (love it, love it) I bet it was fun watching it outdoors!! Congrats on the weight!

Amanda said...

I like the running shoes photo :) and the one of your curious cat! Congratulations on your weight loss and long run!

Yolanda said...

That acrobat show looks really cool! Congrats on the weight loss!

Jill/Twipply Skwood said...

The acrobat show looks really neat! Last time I got all that stuff together, they never came for it! It stayed out on the patio! So now I just take mine directly to the place. Congrats on the weight loss! I think I found it for you...