Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Summer is here – so of course I had to go to Jean-Talon Market last Saturday to see all the beautiful veggies and fruits! It is not the peak season yet, in about a month there should be more to see and buy!
IMG_8417_edited-1

IMG_8415_edited-1

IMG_8414_edited-1

IMG_8409_edited-1

IMG_8408_edited-1

2. I just love strawberries – my fave fruit this time of the year! I also love blueberries but not as much as fresh strawberries.
IMG_8410_edited-1

IMG_8411_edited-1

3. Went to see my cousin on Sunday – we had tea on her patio with some fresh banana cake that I had baked (recipe and photos to come). I love dogs so I was happy I could pet and play with Dixie!
Dixie

4. Last night went for a walk and saw they were giving dance classes outside – so fun! Thursday is Zumba – if it’s nice, will have to go and try it out!

5. Darn anxiety… when I think I am done with it, it comes back for no reason. Today is a bad day – don’t know why, the sun is out, it’s a beautify day, but I am fighting anxiety attacks… grrrrr!

6. Have been good with the gym. Still going 3-4 times a week. Does help with my anxiety :)

7. Been running a couple of times a week outside. Went this morning again and ran a 5km in about 31 minutes. Next step is to push myself more and run 45 minutes. Love to give myself challenges!

8. We are trying to book our Summer vacation. We were hesitating between Cape May and Cape Cod. Finally, we decided on Cape Cod. We have been a couple of years ago, but we were camping at that time. This time, we will rent a small place for a week. I can’t wait!

9. We try to be healthy most of the time. When I saw Ben preparing our veggies for our lunches this week. I knew I had to take a photo! He prepares Ziploc for every day of the week so that we get fresh veggies every day!
IMG_8491_edited-1

He also makes little packages for our salads (here feta, veggies and garbanzo beans).
IMG_8492_edited-1

10. WW – don’t know what I did this week, but lost 2 pounds – yeah for me!!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I love all the colors at the market. What a great place to shop. Sorry you are dealing with anxiety. That must be so hard! Hope you feel better soon!

pat said...

That market is wonderful! All the fresh produce and fruit look so tempting. Yum!! I am glad to hear that the exercise is helping with the anxiety.

Nancy said...

First of all, I am in live with your market pictures...I'd give ANYTHING to visit that one!!!! Also love the baggies full of good stuff!
And, congrats on loosing the 2 lbs, it is so hard to do, but I think you are doing it just right. By that I mean you are not on such a strict diet that you don't allow yourself to indulge a little once in a while, and if you really read the medical advice, that is the way to do it right.

Amanda said...

Great photos, and congrats on your weight loss :)

Stephanie said...

Yum! I love fresh fruits and veggies! The only thing my DH ever puts in a ziplock is cookies, lol.

Jill said...

Yay on the two pounds and sorry about the anxiety - it stinks. :-( :-( :-(

The market pictures are SO pretty! I wish I could see how you do it!tas

Anonymous said...

I saw my name and telephone number at the market......hmmmm
did not pay the advertising exec extra for that :):):)
love the pics and especially Ben's production line
Anglo

Yolanda said...

Love the market! And congrats on losing 2 lbs! As far as the anxiety-- take it one day at a time-- you can do it!