Strawberry season is here!! Lovelovelovelove strawberries!!!
I had too many strawberries (is that possible??!!) and wanted to bake something with them.
When I saw a recipe that incorporated strawberries AND nutella - I thought mmmmmmmmmm!
I made 12 big muffins but added a bit more strawberries!
Strawberry Nutella Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup buttermilk (used low fat milk with lemon)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries (used about 1 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup Nutella
Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top of muffins (used regular)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla together. Use a fork or whisk and mix until well combined.
5. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir, you don’t want to over mix. The batter will be thick. Carefully fold in the strawberries.
6. Fill each muffin cup half way with batter. Next, add a small spoonful of Nutella to each muffin cup. Cover the Nutella filling with the remaining batter. Sprinkle each muffin with turbinado sugar.
7. Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.