Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes

Confession:  I love Nutella. I can't keep any in the house because I will eat it all.
IMG_7232_modifié-1

I did buy a small jar though and decided to use it in this recipe.
IMG_7228_modifié-1

It makes a beautiful frosting too!
IMG_7225_modifié-1

Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes
from The Cupcake Bible

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (didn't use as I used salted butter)
2 cups chocolate hazelnut spread, divided (Nutella)
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar (used 1/2 cup)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk (used low fat)
Chopped hazelnuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 18 standard muffins cups with paper or foil baking cups.

2. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until blended. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.

3. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

4. Frost cupcakes with remaining 1 2/3 cups chocolate hazelnut spread. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.

IMG_7222 copie

IMG_7231_modifié-1

7 comments:

Nicki said...

OMG - I want these. NOW!

HeyLady said...

Those look so good. I am saving this post so I can try these some day...

Michelle said...

That looks good. I've never tried nuttella and I don't want to because I know I'll love it and have just one more thing to crave =P

Just Cake Girl said...

that looks sooo amazing!!!!

Christi said...

Is it weird that I've never tried or even seen Nutella and it looks like it's right up my alley!

Barida said...

that looks amazing, i really really need to try them as soon as I can :)

Margaret said...

Those look extremely yummy. I have never tried Nutella, but everyone seems to love it. I love the last shot with the frosting on the end of the knife!