Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nigella's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hope you don't mind two days in a row of muffin posts!

Waiting for Spring to go for long walks - until then... baking it will be ;)
IMG_7063_modifié-1

This was my first time trying out a Nigella recipe.
IMG_7058_modifié-1

Won't be my last, for sure - these were amazing!
IMG_7054_modifié-1

IMG_7050_modifié-1

Nigella's chocolate chocolate chip muffins

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
3/4 cup superfine sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
1 cup milk (used low fat)
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (used Canola oil)
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 400 (350F) degrees F.

Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins. Spoon into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 (24) minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.

IMG_7057_modifié-1

IMG_7051_modifié-1

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Yummy!!!! treats and images!

Michelle said...

yes i absolutely mind 2 muffins in a row =P these look great and i love the composition too

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I'm sure my kids would love this muffins, must try out for them. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

I love how your muffins are just popping with chocolate. That makes them look extra tasty. I have a sweet treat linky party every weekend on my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by then and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

thisoldbroad said...

Ditto what Cindy said. I can't wait to make these tomorrow. Excellent photos! Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

Oh and here I thought I was going to go to bed without eating an after dinner snack! Those are making me way too hungry!!!!! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

And also, I didn't know that about muffin batter. I knew it about pancake batter, but not muffin batter!

Ichiho said...

delicious !