Sunday, January 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Mini Muffins

The weekend goes by too fast. Wanted to do so many things - and managed to do only a few.  I managed to downsize my Halloween and Christmas decorations - had too many boxes and gave some away. That's a good thing!!

Watched some movies, read a bit, went to the gym this rmorning, started knitting a scarf and today, I baked (surprise, surprise!)
IMG_5657_modifié-1

Wanted something cute and tiny so tried eatgood4life Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Mini Muffins!
IMG_5660_modifié-1

IMG_5666_modifié-1

Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Mini Muffins (made 34 mini-muffins)
1 cup chunky peanut butter (used regular)
1 cup dark chocolate chips (used chocolate/peanut butter chips)
1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup milk plus 4 tablespoons
1 egg


Preheat oven to 375F (350F). Grease and flour the mini muffin pan or line with muffin liners.

In a bowl mix egg, milk (minus 4 tablespoons), peanut butter and sugar. Add flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. Pour 1 teaspoon onto each muffin hole.

When you have come to half the batter add the cocoa powder an extra 4 tablespoons of milk. Pour the remaining chocolate batter into the muffin pan.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Immediately remove mini muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.
IMG_5663_modifié-1

IMG_5667_modifié-1

12 comments:

cari said...

How did those end up tasting? They look really good!!!

Janett said...

Those look so yum! One day, I'm going to spend an entire day baking stuff from your blog. And promptly gain 30 lbs. ;)

Nicki said...

This sounds very good and I'm wondering if using natural peanut butter, skim milk, and diet brown sugar would make it even healthier? I have a stack of notes I have taken from your Sunday baking posts. Eventually I'll have to join Janett and break down and make them (I have tried a few - but not nearly as many as I have written down). Thanks for sharing.

pat said...

Evil, that's all I can say---evil, evil, evil. My fat cells are calling out!!

HeyLady said...

That sounds wonderful. I love peanut butter/chocolate combo.

Samantha said...

Oh, wow... Those look incredible!

pakosta said...

those look YUMMY! my daughter won't eat peanut butter, but I still might make these! good for you for getting to the gym! I meant to, but went only 3 days this week! trying to work my way up to 5-6 again!
tara

Suzy said...

I'll bet these are yummy! I should make them for my Dad - he loves peanut butter treats.

Margaret said...

Yummy! Anything that includes peanut butter and chocolate has to be good, right?

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

OMG those look amazing good.

Jason said...

Oh those look so good!!!! I want one!

Stephanie said...

YUM! These look and sound soo good! I am going to have to try this one!