Sunday, December 5, 2010

Annie's Chocolate Chip Muffins

Weekend almost over - time flew by! Had my office Christmas party on Friday and then yesterday night, had Ben's Christmas party. Oufffff - I am tired!
IMGP4505_modifié-1

That didn't stop me from baking today! Wanted something easy (didn't want to spend all afternoon in the kitchen!) to bake - so went looking to one of my favorite baking sites.
IMGP4509_modifié-1

annies-eats - her recipes are great and her pictures make me want to try everything on her blog!
IMGP4503_modifié-1

Chose annies' chocolate chip muffins. Haven't tasted them yet - ate way too much all weekend - but will probably tonight for dessert!
IMGP4500_modifié-1

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Yield: 13-14 muffins (I got 15 muffins)

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk (used low fat)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13-14 muffin wells with paper liners.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together with a fork. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl between additions. Mix in the vanilla until well blended. Add half of the flour mixture to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Add the milk and mix until combined. Mix in the rest of the flour mixture, beating just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.

Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin liners. Bake for 21-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the muffins to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.

Source: adapted from Williams Sonoma (and Annie Eats)

IMGP4502_modifié-1
 
IMGP4499_modifié-1
Hope you all had a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

Cathi Green said...

Looks like another winner of a recipe! I feel like I gain a couple of pounds every time I stop by your blog. : )

Angela2932 said...

So many cupcake recipes; so little time! But you're helping me stock up my freezer for when the voracious horde otherwise known as my children come to visit at Christmas!

Nicki said...

I have been so inspired by all your muffins and cupcakes this year that I've decided to put together a muffin gift tray for some close family friends - this might make the list - yummy!