Thursday, October 28, 2010

WW - Low Fat Baked Pasta with Spinach

This week's weigh in at WW was not great.  I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for the last 2 months!  I have been going to the gym 3-5 times a week.  Bringing some kind of salad everyday at work. The only thing left for me to do, is to give up my cheat nights...

Since my weigh-in on Tuesday, I tried to stop eating those 100 calories pack.  I usually have one or two a day - some I am trying to not have more than one now.  We'll see if that helps!!

I have been cooking more healthy recipes. 
Low Fat Baked Pasta with Spinach

Low Fat Baked Pasta with Spinach

I love skinnytaste's blog for her healthy recipes (and she give the WW points too). 

Last weekend, when my inlaws came over, we made her Low Fat Baked Ziti with Spinach.  Mmmmmmm!!!

Low Fat Baked Pasta with Spinach

Low Fat Baked Pasta with Spinach
Low Fat Baked Ziti with Spinach

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8th • Points: 6 pts
Calories: 331.9 • Fat: 7.1 g • Protein: 17.5 g • Carb: 54.7 g • Fiber: 7.8 g


1 lb high fiber ziti such as Ronzoni Smart Taste (used penne)
28 oz crushed tomatoes (I prefer Tuttorosso) (used diced tomatoes)
1 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic,minced
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed (used two small bags of fresh spinach)
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt and fresh pepper to taste
8 oz fat-free ricotta (used low-fat cottage cheese)
1/4 cup Parmesan (used freshly grated Parmesan)
2 cups (8 oz) part skim mozzarella
Spray olive oil (I used my Misto)

Preheat oven to 375°.Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil spray.

In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt pepper and chopped tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper.

Add sauce to the pasta and combine the ziti. Add half of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.

Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella.

Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned.

This can be made up to a day in advance and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking

6 comments:

Esther said...

Oh that looks delicious. I'm a sucker for carbs...and cheese! I was just looking at a pasta dish similar to this one, but not quite so healthy. Maybe I'll make this instead!

Margaret said...

That looks extremely yummy! I'd love to come have dinner with you. :)

Yolanda said...

That looks delish! Don't get discouraged! Keep it up, you're doing great!

Suzy said...

Oh my goodness that looks soo good! Yummy yummy, get it in my tummy!!

Unknown said...

Pasta of any kind is such an easy dish to 'healthy' up while still staying in the realm of total comfort food. This looks yum.

Miranda @ Biting Life said...

I just made this pasta for dinner tonight! It was AMAZING. I used kale instead of spinach, which was tasty :) I love how healthy this dish is!