Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Old Montreal Part 4

The last photos from my walk around Old Montreal.
A nice little cafe in the shade of old buildings
Old Cafe

Walking is the best way to visit Old Montreal!
Old Streets

Walking in Old Montreal

Old train tracks - don't think they are used anymore
Old Montreal Tracks

Old Montreal Marina
Old Montreal Marina

Old Montreal Marina

Bonsecours Market
Marche Bonsecour

Place Jacques Cartier
Place Jacques Cartier

Spanish singer serenading tourists
Serenade

You can have your picture drawn or have a cartoon of your face done!You ought to be in picture

Another old building
Columns

Love these buildings!
Old Buildings

Notre-Dame Church
Eglise Notre-Dame

Eglise Notre-Dame

Not sure what this is... but thought it was cool!! :)
Yellow Door

Love this building too!
Old Building

Fresh flowers in the middle of the city
Flower Merchant

6 comments:

pat said...

Celine, I love going sightseeing with you! Every time I see one of these posts, I fall more in love with Montreal. You find the most fabulous things! That doorway made me think of the opening of "The Twilight Zone". "You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone." Bwahahahah!!

Maria said...

There's something so irresistible about a flower stand! What a pop of color in the midst of grey concrete.

I'm getting so nostalgic seeing these pictures. I do love your city!

Samantha said...

Celine, I, too, am loving seeing the city through your lens. I think when we were there a few years ago we saw some of the same places, but it was late December and everything was covered with a THICK layer of snow, so your pictures look kind of different than mine. LOL!

Yolanda said...

I agree with Pat about the door. What a great city! Thanks for showing it. I love the architecture!

Nicki said...

The yellow carpet and door is an eye catcher - so many potential photo opps there. Gorgeous shots from around Montreal - beautiful skies, water, and buildings.

Angela2932 said...

What a feast! Such a fantastic city! I really like the photo of the Spanish singers, especially those pink shoes!