Wednesday, October 15, 2008

St-Eustache

Went to visit my in-laws who live in St-Eustache, a small city about 1/2 hour north from my home. It was a gorgeous day, so I asked Ben if we could stop in his hometown "downtown" to walk around a bit - he sweetly accepted!! ;)

The colours were soooo beautiful!!!

This is St-Eustache Church - it was built around 1830. It is a beautiful church.

More colour!!
Wasn't sure if I like this shot better "au naturel" or
with Amanda's grunge action!
This is St-Eustache's old mill - they still make fresh flour - we bought some!
Some cute Halloween decoration!




the church from a different angle!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a STUNNING downtown area. Picturesque and perfect. My fav is the second to the last one with the door. The coloring seems so so rich.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at that color!!!! I LOVE those door shots! WONDERFUL.
Cari

pat said...

Shriek!! Those colors against the incredibly blue sky!! That's me, drooling. LOVE the shot of the leaves and the church steeples....very cool!

For Over 29 Years... said...

cannot believe how blue the sky is and you managed to capture that. beautiful

Michelle said...

what a beautiful hometown! love all that color. the door is my favorite also. something almost tuscan-y about it.

Mom2Drew said...

Yes...gorgeous colors! We don't get much red/orange here so I love seeing it.

Angela2932 said...

The trees are breathtaking and I love the scarecrows!

Becky said...

Is there any such thing as an ugly spot near where you live? It's one gorgeous place after another. :-) That first one is stunning with the fiery color against the bright blue sky.

jewels said...

I saw that first shot and the only thing I thought was, WOW... that is some vibrant blue and orange together! I LOVE IT :)

Cheers,
jewels

Jess said...

Wow, you have ALL the color up there don't you?! I am still waiting for ours to bust out. I LOVE that old church, what amazing achitecture. And how nice of him to stop for you, my dh is always in too big a hurry to get to where we are going, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos..! My absolute favorite time of year is Fall. Outdoor Halloween decorations are looking superb.