Sunday, June 15, 2008

Driving Ms Celine...

Confession time... I haven't driven in 2 years... Why? Because I sold my car and because my boyfriend's car has a manual transmission... and I don't drive manual... Also, I get anxiety attacks when I drive on the highways, so I just stopped driving for all these reasons!! Ben had showed me two years ago a bit how to drive his car... then he changed cars, and I was scared of "breaking" his car (all good reasons...!!).

Today, I decided, enough... I asked Ben to show me again how to drive a manual transmission - and I drove, and drove and drove (and stalled a couple of times, of course)!! I even drove up to my brother's who lives about 1/2 hour away. I didn't take the highways, but that will be soon too!

Ben took these pics to prove that I did drive!! ;) (sorry the first pic is fuzzy... must have been changing gears!! ;)






Meet "pantoufle" - my brother's cute dog! He is sooooo sweet!!






11 comments:

pat said...

Good for you for getting back out there! Look at it this way--you were conserving gas for 2 years! Love your bro's dog. What does the name mean?

Tracy said...

Back in the drivers seat! Good job! I don't know what I'd do without driving! Maybe it would be good and I'd stay home and get my housework done!

Trina said...

Congrats on overcoming your fears! What a cute dog!

Kristina said...

Way to gp getting behind the wheel again! And, what a cute little pantoufle :)

Michelle said...

congrats on driving! i think you are a very brave woman!

♥ Amy said...

Good for you!! I like the perspective of the 2nd shot and your dog pix are great.

Jess said...

Way to go! I'm glad you got back on the road! I know how you feel though, I don't like to drive either. But having young kids I end up being their chauffeur more days than not... sigh... I also get panic attacks driving in the city or driving to places I've never been before. {{{hugs}}}

And what an ADORABLE doggie! It's like he is smiling for you!

Tori said...

good for you for getting behind the wheel again... and for learning, again, how to drive a manual! My first car was a stick shift and I absolutely LOVED it.... I miss it from time to time.....

Becky said...

Good for you for conquering that. I can't drive stick. :-( That dog looks sweet as well as cute.

Chell said...

Oh what a cute dog and good for you for getting behind the wheel again and working on those fears.

Amy said...

Good for you on the driving! I haven't driven a stick shift in years...I would have to learn all over again. Cute pup!