Saturday, May 24, 2008

Perkins Cove

Perkins Cove is a tiny village at the end of Marginal Way in Ogunquit. It is a cute little village with some stores and places to eat and a great place to enjoy the manificient view!
We walked there every morning and the only other people around were fishermen and lobstermen! Though I did see a group of photographers early one morning!!



Ben enjoying the view!! And what a view it was!! :)





Don't know why, but just wanted to sit there and do nothing!! ;)









A lot of Canadians go to Maine, I guess that's why our flag is on the bridge next to the American flag!
Wish I had a boat!!















8 comments:

Becky said...

These are really, really beautiful Celine! I chuckled when you said a lot of Canadians go to Maine--between Ogunquit and Old Orchard Beach I think there are more Canadians than Americans. When I was a teenager working fast food we got a lot of Canadian travelers coming through. When I'd ask them where they were headed, it was almost always Ogunquit or OOB. :-)

Jess said...

OHHH! AWESOME! I am LOVING the photo overload of vacay pics! Those boat reflections are amazing. And I love all the little details you captured too! The signs, the floatie thingies (that's the technical term isn't it? LOL), the peeling paint on the rowboats... I really feel like I was there with you!

Merilee said...

wow cool shots. I love the black and white ones. Those first few look very calm and relaxing.

mel said...

looks like a really beautiful, fun place to visit! looks like you had a really nice relaxing time!

Sara said...

Wow, one is better tha nthe next. These are a pleasure to go through.

Your colors are wonderful, they really bring out the flavor of the scenes you've captured.

Thanks for sharing these.

Angela~Kclmomof4 said...

It looks so peaceful. These are all great shots.

pat said...

Oh Celine, these are really nice; each one continues the story. LOVE the B&W of the two adirondak chairs...I'd like to be in those too. Nice reflections and comp on the harbor shots; so serene and restful.

Katie said...

awesome photos makes me want to head ot the beach.